- What is all this stuff about ?
About eggdrop BOTs, botlending, a&a, IRC & TCL (eggdrop) programming/scripting. This FAQ is provided as a guide for a&a botlending service.
- What is a BOT ?
A BOT is an IRC robot that runs on a Unix or Windows shell accounts. It can be an eggdrop, windrop, emech or a simple mirc with scripts on it.
- Why do I need a BOT ?
It's up to everyone to decide why to have a bot. For example, a well configured bot can protect you & your chan from takeovers, serve channel OPs & owners, make various chan statistics & seen, can also live up your chan - play games, serve files, and do all things that many scripts for IRC clients do, but 24/7 & with much more advanced features.
- What kind of BOTs do you have ?
Eggdrops hosted on *nix accounts enhanced with a&a original script.
- Are your BOTs 24/7 online ?
We do our best to keep them 24/7. But it depends of server's uptime they are hosted on. Generally the BOTs have an average of 99% uptime. Except the cases when the BOTs can be restarted in order to make a script update or to be shut down for server technical maintenance. Also pay attention to net-splits - the BOT may be on-line but on other server than you. Besides if a major servers of IRC are down the BOT may be unable to join IRC due to restricted number of connections allowed per host on other IRC servers.
- What is a&a ?
#a&a is a free botlending chan opened for you 24/7 where you can get a&a BOTs, help & additional info about a&a BOTs, eggdrop & tcl (eggdrop) programming/scripting. a&a is a team, a group of ppl which share passion to BOTs, there development & scripting. a&a is a concept of IRC ethics & learning, born & cultivated from each member proper experience & concepts.
- Which IRC networks are supported by a&a ?
Undernet network only at the moment but we are going to expand the botlending acitivity in the near future (QuakeNet probably).
- Which languages are supported by a&a ?
We speak Romanian & English - main language is English.
- I want to make BOTs myself, what should I do ?
all info you need is provided on Windrop, Egghelp & Emech sites. They have all infos, links & soft to make you a happy BOT owner. Besides you can look in our links sections for any useful stuff.
- I want to be an a&a member, what should I do ?
We are open to everyone intrested in our project. All info concerning this one you can find in become a&a/botlending helper section.
- I want to get in a&a botnet, what should I do ?
If you represent a stable botlending chan - find any a&a admin on #a&a on UNDERNET/QUAKENET or use the a&a FORUM (a&a suggestions SubForum).
- I want to get the a&a BOT's scripts, what should I do ?
You can have a&a light script @ ascript.name.
- I found a bug on a&a BOTs, what should I do ?
Find, please, any a&a admin on #a&a on UNDERNET/QUAKENET or use the a&a FORUM (a&a suggestions SubForum) to report the bug.
- Where can I get support & help ?
On #a&a & #botlending channels of your network & our website (FAQ, commands, links, etc.). Do not hesitate to use the a&a FORUM which is hosted on botlending FORUM .
- How to get an a&a BOT ?
Heaving read & agreed with a&a botlending rules & terms u can register your application REGISTER section.
- I have Chan Service or X/Q/L/etc service on my chan, can I ask for an a&a BOT ?
Yes. Also u will have advantage of X (ChanServ) commands on BOT.
- I have no Chan Service or X/Q/L/etc service on my chan, can I ask for an a&a BOT ?
Yes. But do realise that even X/Q/L/etc goes offline sometimes - so be sure to put autoop on your bnc or 3rd party BOT for our BOT if u want to keep OP on your chan.
- Why do I need to have a minimum of permanent users on chan in order to get an a&a BOT ?
Because we have not so many BOTs to satisfy all demand. So we are obliged to give BOTs only on populated channels. But you are encouraged to ask bots on other botlending channels.
- Why does the bot need acces to X/Q/L/etc or Chan Service?
In order to protect himself & your chan, see details in "X & Chan Services" below.
- Can I have 2 or 3 a&a BOTs on my chan ?
No. We provide only one BOT per chan according to a&a botlending rules & terms.
- Can I change the a&a BOT on other a&a BOT ?
Yes. With condition that we have free BOTs & you have a good reason. Be assured that all BOTs have the same script, so there is no a reason for change.
- Can I change the a&a BOT's nick ?
No. This is a technical "problem" (all BOTs must have permanently the same name) & do not forget that the BOT serves other channels at the same time, so everyone is familiar with current BOT's nick.
- What the BOT is used for ?
Essentially for chan protection (chanset command); seen, chan & personal statistics (seen, myseen, stats & mystats commands); X or ChanServ commands & standard op, deop, ban, kick, voice, devoice & other commands.
- How to use the BOT ?
First set up your password on BOT with the command pass, afterward do auth & then give commands. All this is described bellow, this is just an algorithm for you to understand how it works.
- How to find out or to set up a password on BOT ?
When you get a BOT normally you have no password on it. You must set it up yourself using the command pass. Also pay attention at the message the BOT wrote you in private, there you also will find detailed instructions for what to do & how to do it.
- How can I give commands to BOT ?
On chan using commands prefixed by special characters "!", "." or "`" or by BOTnick.
Syntax: !command arguments or BOTnick command arguments.
Example: !op X or DESLPHINUS op X (also you can use like this .op X or `op X).
You can give commands from another channel too (with condition that BOT is on both chans).
Syntax: !command #chan arguments or BOTnick command #chan arguments.
Example: !op #aservice X (you wrote this on #a&a but BOT understood that u want OP on #aservice & gave you OP on #aservice).
Also you can give commands in private to BOT.
Syntax: /msg BOT command #chan arguments.
Example: /msg DELPHINUS op #a&a X.
And from DCC.
Syntax: .command #chan arguments. Example: .op #a&a X (same as in private but prefixed with ".", pay attetniton that everything you say in DCC goes in BOTnet & everyone can see this, only commands or text prefixed with "." does not go to BOTnet & is executed by BOT).
- How to get the list of public commands of BOT ?
Use the command commands.
- How to see the usage of an unknown command ?
Use the command usage (you can use command info to get both usage & explication).
- How to see the explication of an unknown command ?
Use the command help (you can use command info to get both usage & explication).
- How to give access to other users on BOT ?
Use the command chattr.
- How to remove users' access from BOT ?
Use the command chattr or remuser.
- What is a flag ?
A flag is an attribute/letter (case-sensitive) or number which defines your BOT's access level. The number of commands you have access to, depends of your access level - higher is your access more commands you can give to BOT (for example in order to op somebody you will need o user flag, but for using chanset command you will need the n user flag). The same flag can be global (it will work on all BOT's channels) or local (it will work only on the given channel). List & classification of user flags can be found in FLAGS page.
- How to see all users that have access on BOT or their access level ?
Use the command whois, access, list or admins. Every command has its own specifique.
- How to use seen, stats & mystats ?
Syntax, example & info for seen, stats & mystats you can find on commands page.
- How to authorise to the BOT ?
Use the command auth or login, be sure you have already a pass set up.
- I authorise to BOT, but it says: "I do not know you, try: ...", what should I do ?
Try to use advanced auth or login.
- I authorise to BOT, but it says: "You have specified an invalid hand, for any help apply on a&a", what should I do ?
It means that you use advanced auth & you are specifying a wrong hand/user. Try to remember your correct hand (usually it is the same as your nick or the nick you had when you got access on BOT). If it does not work - use on chan the commands admins/list (to see the users which have access on chan - your user must be there too) or join #a&a & ask an a&a admin to help you. Also you can change your hand/user with newhandle command.
- I authorise to BOT, but it says: "You specified a wrong password", what should I do ?
Try to use advanced auth, the BOT may confuse you with somebody else, if you still have the same response join #a&a & ask an a&a admin to help you.
- I authorise to BOT, but when I give commands on chan it says: "You are not authenticated, type: ...", why ?
You may have the same ident@host as somebody else on your channel which does not have access or is not authenticated (the BOT thinks than this one is you & of course will react in this way). In both cases join #a&a & ask an a&a admin to help you.
- I authorise to BOT, but it does not react to my orders, why ?
You may have no access or you may have the same ident@host as someone on your channel which does not have access (the BOT thinks than this one is you & of course will not do anything). In both cases join #a&a & ask an a&a admin to help you.
- I am sick & tired to authorise each time, what can I do ?
You can use the command permident.
- I have forgotten/lost my password on BOT, what should I do ?
Join #a&a & ask an a&a admin to help you.
- I have forgotten/lost my hand/user on BOT, what should I do ?
Join #a&a & ask an a&a admin to help you or use the commands admins/list to see access list which probably will remind your own hand/user.
- How to view channel setup info/settings on BOT ?
Use the command chaninfo.
- Which is the command to to setup chan's settings ?
Use the command chanset.
- How to protect the chan through a BOT ?
Use the command chanset to specify all desired option (detailed description available for all options are avaialble in SETTINGS page, pay attention at generalized set settings as antitake, strict, paranoia & reset).
Use the command chattr to give oafP to all 3d party BOTs on your chan (BOT will know they are friends f, will autoop them oa & will protect them +P).
If you do not have X/Q/L/etc or ChanServ servicies on your channel do not give OP to any stranger, if he DEOPs our BOT he will unable to protect your chan.
- How to setup 3rd party BOTs & a&a BOT ?
If you have one or more BOTs on your channel (from other bot-services), the a&a BOT must have +oafP flags on allse BOTs. Also you should give oafP flags for these BOTs on a&a BOT too (chattr 3rdPartyBOT +oafP). Besides you must choose a primary BOT & give him m access (chattr PrimaryBOT +m) on all BOTs - in order to prevent topic, channel & user modes flood (all BOTs will obey primary BOT's channel & user modes).
- How to make the BOT to ban for publicity on chan ?
Use command chanset. Example: !chanset +antipub (all available settings/protections you can find on [settings:a&a:SETTINGS page]).
- How to make the BOT to ban for repeating on chan ?
Use command chanset. Example: !chanset +antirepeat (all available settings/protections you can find on [settings:a&a:SETTINGS page]).
- How to make the BOT to ban for colours used on chan ?
Use command chanset. Example: !chanset +anticolour (all available settings/protections you can find on [settings:a&a:SETTINGS page]).
- How to make the BOT to ban for chan, join, ctcp, kick, deop, nick flood ?
Use command chanset. Example: !chanset flood-chan 5:20 (all available settings/protections you can find on SETTINGS page).
OUTPUT & LANGUAGE
- What languages are supported by the BOT ?
English (soon Romanian & Russian will be supported too).
- How to setup channel common language on BOT ?
Use the command chanset. Example: !chanset lang en
- How to setup user (personal) language on BOT ?
Use the command output. Example: !output lang en.
- What kind of output is supported by the BOT ?
The BOT can answear you in private, on chan or by notice.
- How to setup user (personal) output on BOT ?
Use the command output. Example: !output reply chan note (on channel commands - the BOT will reply to you with notice).
- How to setup channel common output on BOT ?
Use the command chanset. Example: !chanset reply note (on channel commands - the BOT will reply to you with notice).
PURGE TEMPLEAVE CYCLE & SUSPEND
- Which is the difference between purge, templeave, suspend & cycle ?
If you use purge the BOT parts definitely your chan. Only an a&a admin (global +m user) will be able to make the BOT to rejoin your chan.
If you use templeave you will be able to make the bot to rejoin the channel using comeback or it will rejoin itself in less than one hour.
If you use cycle the BOT will comeback itself in a period of time specified by you.
The suspend is reserved for global +m users. It is an average of templeave & purge commands - only an a&a admin (global +m user) will be able to rejoin the BOT, but all settings & info will not be lost as for templeave command.
- Why does the BOT templeave the chan ?
If the BOT joins the chan & you have key/invite/limit permanently on chan or if the BOT is banned (& if you have no X on chan for Undernet & the BOT can not clear modes or invite itself). Also on Undernet if you have X noop enabled on chan or if the BOT has suspend on X.
Note: the BOT will try to rejoin the chan itself every hour. Also you can make it to rejoin using comeback command.
- Why does the chan is purged ?
If the BOT has more than 10 BANs or KICKs average per day & if it is banned or opless for more than 12 hours (you are unable to set up autoop & protect the BOT according to a&a botlending rules). For Undernet if the BOT has remuser on X or suspend on X for more than 12 hours. Besides according to a&a botlending rules you must have an average of 15 users (this an average of users calculated by BOT, for example if you have during the night 5 ppl on chan & during the day 45 you will have an average of (45+5)/2=25 ppl), if not respected the BOT parts itself. More details in purge rules.
- Why does the chan is suspended ?
The reasons are the same as for purge (read above). But it this case you have the chance to have the BOT back. More details in purge rules.
- How to make the BOT to comeback the chan ?
Use the command comeback if the BOT templeave the chan.
- I msg the BOT to comeback & it says "FAILED: you specified an invalid channel ...", why ?
It means that the BOT did not templeave the chan but did purge.
- I msg the BOT to comeback & it says "FAILED: the chan is already active" why ?
It means that the BOT did not templeave the chan, it's ok - just wait for a while it will come back (it takes some time after rejoining IRC to rejoin all chans). But if does not rejoin more than in 10 minutes & it is on-line, probably the BOT is on an IRC server which allow only 10 or less channels per user, just join #a&a to warn an a&a admin which will make the BOT to jump another IRC server.
- I msg the BOT to comeback & it says "FAILED: the chan is suspended" why ?
It means that your channel is suspended on BOT by an a&a admin for a reason or another & only an a&a admin is able to unsuspend it.
- I want the BOT to part for a while the chan, how ?
Use the commands templeave or cycle.
- I want the BOT to part for ever the chan, how ?
Use the command purge.
X & Chan Services
- What do you mean by X & Chan Services ?
These channel serivces are provided by IRC networks such as UNDERNET or DALNET, etc. - all info concerning these services you can find on their web-pages.
- How to give access to smbody else to X & Chan Services commands through a&a BOT ?
Use command chattr to give the flag +X to this person.
- I want to take the BOT as suporter for chan registration on X, how ?
Just take BOT's user & use the command xsupport.
- The BOT says: "Due to X (ChanService) commands flood, this X (ChanServ) command will be ignored", what should I do ?
Just wait a while (5 minutes maximum) & give your command again (the BOT has X commands anti-flood, so if you or somebody abuses - the BOT will tell you this).
- The BOT says: "I am not logged to X (ChanServ), info: ignoring ....", what should I do ?
Use the command xlog or find an a&a admin on #a&a.
- BOT gives ops to unknown users, why ?
Check if op chan flag is enabled using the command chaninfo.Solution: you can disalble it (-op) using chanset.
Check if autoop chan flag is enabled using the command chaninfo.Solution: you can either disalble it (-autoop) using chanset or use more restricted hosts for chan OPs (if a chan OP has a host on BOT like *!*@*.com or lamer!*@* BOT will OP anyone who will suit this host). Also, if an OP with such hosts has oa flags, the BOT will behave in the same way. Solution: take off the flag a using chattr or use more restricted hosts on BOT.
- BOT deops or kicks/bans permanently other BOTs or users, why ?
Use the command list to see if there is any user with k or d flags. Also pay attention on chan options (use command chaninfo to see them).
BOT can also can have revenge & revengebot modes enabled & revenge-mode set to 1 or higher - so use chanset to disable & chaninfo to find out if it is enabled.
- BOT enforce +s or +m or -nt modes on chan, why ?
Use the command chaninfo to see the chan's modes on BOT. To clear or to set up a new mode use the commands clearmode or chanset modes.
- BOT is offline or not on chan, what should I do ?
You can find more info either on #a&a or online status. Pay attention the BOT may be in split, restarting, in shut down for server (shell) maintenance or upgrade or the worst - problems with shell the BOT is hosted on.
- An a&a admin took off the BOT, he specified no reason, specified a wrong reason, wanted money/shell/bnc/etc in change for BOT, what should I do ?
Address to superior hierarchic a&a admin with logs (the last word & decision is reserved to aqwzsx) or use the a&a FORUM (a&a suggestions SubForum).
- My question is not listed here, what should I do ?
Find, please, any a&a admin on #a&a on UNDERNET/QUAKENET or use the a&a FORUM (a&a suggestions SubForum) to ask the question.
- I found a misspelling, broken link or have a suggestion for a&a website, what should I do ?
Find, please, any a&a admin on #a&a on UNDERNET/QUAKENET or use the a&a FORUM (a&a suggestions SubForum) for reporting.